Keto Diet restart: Day #1

 So today I started back up on the Keto diet which means cutting all sugar from my diet and watching many carbs I take in everyday. My main focus the first few days of starting back on the Keto diet is to. 100% cut any sugar out of my diet. So I have not kept up with exact numbers as far as calories and such because I want to get my body adapted to not eating sugar and make sure I don’t have to many hunger pangs. I am also using intermittent fasting to help me lose weight which basically means I am only eating between 12p.m. to 8 p.m. This technique really aides in digestion and has made me feel better eating on a tighter schedule.

  While I don’t eat anything during that time period I do still drink my version of bullet proof coffee which is coffee with coconut oil, Kerrygold butter and MCT oil added. If you try this coffee out make sure you purchase a hand mixer to blend your coffee otherwise the fats you added will just float to the top and your coffee will not taste very good.

    For lunch I had some plain chicken with garlic seasoning, green beans and some broccoli and cheese . Broccoli is one of my go to foods on the Keto diet. It’s a great side dish that is high in fiber and it’s easy to cook(I usually buy the frozen steamer bags from Wal-mart).

  For dinner I had to pick up something quick because my son had a basketball game. So you may be thinking it’s hard to find low carb meals when eating out, but I discovered some low carb meals when I followed the Keto diet before. Chick fil-a is my go to for this. If you order food with the Chick fil-a app it will tell you how many carbs are in the meal you are ordering. So my go to meal is chicken nuggets and a side salad with no carrots. You can have creamy salad dressings such as ranch so this makes this meal a great go to when you have to eat out.

  This was pretty much everything I ate today except for a snack of  some plain cashews. While cashews are not super high in carbs you got to watch your portions when eating these.

  So that was Day 1 of my Keto diet restart. I will add to my journal probably once a week and also
share recipes as I go. I tend to make up recipes based of what is allowed on the Keto Diet so I am sure I’ll be working on some new ones in the next week or so.

 Subscribe to Keto Chad

Comments